Thursday, March 18, 2010

Gmail vs. Other emails

Before I start sharing my impressions about Gmail I must say that people who use it tend to go around telling other people that it is the greatest and possibly the only true way one can exchange digital messages. A couple of times I felt quite pressured to open a gmail account. Up till now I managed to avoid creating one but with 1:1 Program my time ran out.

Here are a few features that I - now a proud owner of Gmail account like so far. It is pretty plain and therefor easy to use. The chat application works better then the one Yahoo offers. It automatically keeps addresses that you've emailed on your contact list whereas Yahoo asks whether or not you want to add them. It allows dividing contacts into groups. Task reminder application can also come in handy although I don't see me using it very often. (Long live sticky notes!)

I think this is it for now but I am meticulously exploring and hoping for all my friends sake (the ones mentioned in the first paragraph) that it will live up to it's reputation.

No comments:

Post a Comment